Application for Permission to Film in Namibia
Permission to Film in Namibia
Please read the list of requirements carefully, a link to download this form is at the end of the requirements.
Permission to film in Namibia may be obtained through your local film service provider (recommended) or the following forms need to be completed. (Forms available for download at the bottom of this page)
- Application form "Filming Permit in Namibia"
- Any commercial filming or photography in Namibia needs to direct a request to the Namibian Film Commission three weeks before arrival by completing an application form and fax it to the Commission. An administrative fee of N$ 500 is payable to the Namibian Film Commission.
- Application form for temporary work permit from the Ministry of Home Affairs, can also be done through your local service provider
- All foreign crews working in Namibia must have a valid temporary work permit to work on a film set in Namibia, even if it is for only one day.
Filming in National Parks
Application for the creation of visual, audio or audio visual recordings and professional photography in national parks from the Ministry of Environment and Tourism and once again your local service provider can facilitate this process.
Filming of minority groups
Application for permission to film or photograph minority groups from Legal Assistance Center (www.lac.org.na).
Completion of film project
Location Production Expenditure Report
All film production companies are requested to complete a Location Production Expenditure Report after completion of filming. The report serves the Film Commission as feedback and support.
Two edited copies of the finished product for our archives
For record purposes we request to provide us with two copies of the finished product which should to be directed to the Namibia Film Commission.
- Account name: Namibia Film Commission Secretariat
- Bank name: First National Bank Namibia
- Account number: 62086706515
- Branch: Windhoek Commercial Suite
- Branch code: 281-927
- Swift code: FIRNNANX
Tax and Financial
VAT charge on most goods and services procured in Namibia can be claimed back. Your local service provider will assist
Film production or photography companies should obtain an ATA Carnet for their filming equipment before departure from country of residence.
Download PDF forms
Temporary Work Permit
Financial Expenditure Report
Ministry of Tourism Application Form